Skip to Content

Man cleared of all charges in Vegas case called a hate crime

LAS VEGAS (AP) — An Air Force veteran who had been accused of a hate crime attack on an Asian American bubble tea shop owner in Las Vegas has been cleared of all charges after a judge was told no racial comments were evident and the business owner pulled a gun before the two men fought and a shot was fired. A Las Vegas judge dismissed all charges Tuesday against 36-year-old Anthony Dishari. The man’s attorney said Wednesday he’s not racist and has been exonerated. A prosecutor says the fight may have amounted to self-defense. The tea shop owner has not been charged with a crime, but he received face and rib injuries in the late Saturday fight that led to Dishari’s arrest.

Article Topic Follows: AP Nevada

Jump to comments ↓

Associated Press

BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION

News Channel 3 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.