Skip to Content
Remaining Ad Time Ad - 00:00

Local teen suffers life-threatening complications from vaping device

11-6-Zane Martin DHS
Courtesy: KABC


A 15-year-old who was critically injured by vaping, has been in the hospital recovering for over a month.

Zane Martin was first introduced to vaping at a Skate Park in Desert Hot Springs. Before being admitted to Loma Linda Children's Hospital, a different hospital sent the teen home with an inhaler and Tylenol until he collapsed in pain, almost completely unable to breathe.

By that time, he had also developed a MRSA infection that required multiple surgeries. Images show what doctors say just a couple months of vaping did to Zane's lungs. A cloudy x-ray shows a build up of fluid and inflammation, while another, clearer x-ray was taken after weeks in the I-C-U.

The Centers for Disease Control says to date, there have been nearly 2-thousand vaping related injuries and 37 deaths have been reported across the country.

Top Stories
Author Profile Photo

Evan Sanford


Leave a Reply