The BNP Paribas Open will, once again, be a regular who's who of tennis greats and rising stars in 2020.
On Wednesday, the tournament announced its entry list, which is packed out with plenty of champions of the Indian Wells tournament.
A rundown of some of the noteworthy names, and their respective desert trophy cases:
- Roger Federer, 5x BNP Paribas Open champion (2004-2006, 2012, 2017)
- Serena Williams, 2x BNP Paribas Open champion (1999, 2001)
- Novak Djokovic, 5x BNP Paribas Open champion (2008, 2011, 2014-2016)
- Rafael Nadal, 3x BNP Paribas Open champion (2007, 2009, 2013)
- Victoria Azarenka, 2x BNP Paribas Open champion (2012, 2016)
- Naomi Osaka, 2018 BNP Paribas Open champion
- Simona Halep, 2015 BNP Paribas Open champion
Bianca Andreescu, the 2019 women's champion, and Dominic Thiem, the 2019 men's champion, will also be returning to defend their titles.
Coco Gauff, the 15-year-old phenom who has been making waves in the tennis world thanks to impressive runs at Wimbledon, the U.S. Open, and the Australian Open, will be making her first BNP Paribas Open appearance come March.
The tournament runs from March 9-22.