Skip to Content

News

Man’s Best Friend Saves Young Girl

LA QUINTA – A young valley girl suffering from life-threatening seizures has been given the gift of freedom and safety; and it’s all thanks to a dog. She’s friendly, energetic and stylish, but tonine year-old Makenzie Wieden, Disco is also a hero. “I feel she saves my life,” says Makenzie. Makenzie has epilepsy. She suffers

Continue Reading

Gavin Newsom To Run For Lt. Governor

SAN FRANCISCO-After dropping out of the gubernatorial race last year, San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom is now running for lieutenant governor. Newsom’s announcement Friday morning on KPIX-TV is not a surprise. He filed papers on Feb. 17 with the secretary of state’s office, the first steps to becoming a statewide candidate again. The 42-year-old mayor

Continue Reading

More Home Invaders Hit Indio

INDIO – Riverside County Sheriff Deputies are investigating an invasion in the Indio area. They say the incident was reported at 5:15am Friday in the S. Palo Verde neighborhood across Birch Street. Authorities tell News Channel 3 two men made their way inside the home through an unlocked door. They were confronted by the person

Continue Reading

Two Suspects Captured After Home Invasion

By News Channel 3newsline3@kesq.com BERMUDA DUNES – Riverside County Sheriff’s Deputies have captured two suspects following an early morning home invasion robbery in Mecca. The robbery happened at 2:30 Thursday morning on the 91-000 block of 3rd Street. The suspects were driving a red Honda Prelude and sent deputies on a pursuit. The chase ended

Continue Reading

Indio Gets Gang Prevention Grant

INDIO – Tony Williams, Director of Operations for the Boys and Girls Club of the Coachella Valley, was pleased to hear the organization is getting part of a $370,000 grant. “See how big I’m smiling. Well that actually is a lot of money,” says Williams. Governor Schwarzenegger sent more than $9 million to cities around

Continue Reading

Man Barricaded Inside Indio Home

UPDATE: A safe end for a nearly 6 hour stand off. Police took 36 year old Christopher David Kendll into custody for locking himself inside his home and threatening to hurt himself and anyone who tried to enter his home. Indio Police Department Spokesman Ben Guitron confirms SWAT teams entered the home around 5:30 p.m.

Continue Reading

Prosecutors File Suit Against Toyota

SANTA ANA -Orange County prosecutors are expected to file a lawsuit against Toyota on Friday because of continuing problems with their vehicles. District Attorney Tony Rackauckas says the company continues to endanger the public through sale of defective vehicles and deceptive business practices. Rackauckas is expected to announce the lawsuit at a press conference Friday

Continue Reading