(AP) – O.J. Simpson was arraigned in Las Vegas Wednesday morning on charges in an alleged armed robbery of sports memorabilia collectors.
Prosecutors agreed to $125,000 bail.
Simpson stood before the judge, hands cuffed, wearing a navy blue jail jumpsuit as the charges were read.
He answered quietly in a hoarse voice and nodded as Justice of the Peace Joe Bonaventure Jr. detailed charges of kidnapping and robbery, among others, and laid out restrictions for his release.
Simpson did not enter a plea.
O.J. Simpson faces the following charges and possible penalties after being arraigned Wednesday:
– Two counts of first-degree kidnapping, a felony, carrying the possibility of life in state prison or a definite term of 15 years, depending on the sentencing judge’s discretion. Parole eligibility begins after five years.
– Two counts of robbery with use of a deadly weapon, a felony, mandatory 2-15 years in prison, plus a possible additional 1-15 years for use of a weapon.
– Burglary while in possession of a deadly weapon, felony, 2-15 years.
– Coercion with use of a deadly weapon, a felony, 2-12 years in prison.
– Two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, felony, 1-6 years.
– Conspiracy to commit kidnapping, felony, 1-6 years.
– Conspiracy to commit robbery, felony, 1-6 years.
– Conspiracy to commit a crime, gross misdemeanor, 1 year in county jail.
Source: Las Vegas Justice Court, Nevada Revised Statutes
(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)