Skip to Content
News

Lint, Water Heater Cause Garage Fire In Rancho Mirage

Accumulated lint from a clothes dryer ignited by a water heater caused damage to a garage and utility room at a home under renovation in Rancho Mirage Tuesday.

Firefighters responded to the blaze in the 70900 block of Tamarisk Lane just after 10 a.m., according to Capt. Fernando Herrera of the Riverside County Fire Department, who said when firefighters arrived smoke was visible from the garage area.

There was a considerable amount of lint in the utility room, and the action of relighting the water heater caused fire to flash across to the lint, Herrera said.

No injuries were reported.

KESQ News Team

Comments

Leave a Reply