Skip to Content

Windows Blown Out By Explosion At Palm Springs Home

Palm Springs fire crews responded to call reporting a house explosion on Monday to find all of the windows blown out, according to the Palm Springs Fire Department.

The call came in just after noon near the intersection of Calle Marcus and Senora in the Deep Well area of Palm Springs.

Firefighters arrived to find the windows blown out, the smell of gas, but no fire, according to fire crews.

No one was at home at the time, and there were no injuries.

Fire officials told News Channel 3 the home is owned by an Oregon family who were renovating the inside after a fire hit the home six months ago.

That fire happened on May 6 when fire investigators said faulty wiring caused a fire in the attic causing $15,000 in damage.

On Monday, crews shut off all of the utilities, and let the house ventilate. They also briefly shut down part of the residential area to traffic as a precaution.

KESQ News Team


Leave a Reply