Six people were arrested by members of the Riverside County Sheriff's Department's Palm Desert Station Burglary Suppression Unit (BSU) Thousand Palms on Thursday.
On December 2, a commercial burglary was reported on the 72200 block of Varner Road in Thousand Palms. While investigating the incident, BSU members were able to identify the suspect as 29-year-old Thousand Palms resident Scott Stoltz.
On January 9 at 2:15 p.m., BSU arrested Stoltz on the 32500 block of Harry Oliver Trail in Thousand Palms on suspicion of commercial burglary, theft, possession of a controlled substance, possession of narcotics, and possession for sales. He allegedly was in possession of 15.3 grams of methamphetamine and 4.6 grams of heroin when he was arrested.
According to county jail records, he is being held at Larry D. Smith Correctional Facility in Banning on $50,000 bail.
Also arrested at the Harry Oliver Trail locations were following suspects, according to RSO.
- 29-year-old Palm Desert resident Paul Hessel - arrested for an outstanding warrant for possession of narcotics, a paraphernalia warrant
- 35-year-old Washington resident Tina George - arrested for an outstanding warrant for possession of narcotics
- 31-year-old Thousand Palms resident Asa Huber - arrested for an outstanding theft warrant
- 30-year-old Thousand Palms resident Bonnie Jarvis - arrested for identity theft
- 56-year-old Desert Hot Springs resident Darrell Mirkin - arrested for an outstanding possession of a controlled substance warrant
"The Riverside County Sheriff Department is asking anyone with additional information to contact Investigator Nicolas Bazanos at (760) 836-1600 or call anonymously at (760) 341-STOP (7867) and reference incident #O19 336 0010," read the RSO release on the incident.
The initial burglary investigation was conducted with help from RSO's Rancho Mirage Special Enforcement Team.