Some Indio residents and guests at neighboring motels were back inside Wednesday morning after having to evacuate overnight due to a natural gas leak.
Firefighters were called to Highway 111 just west of Madison Street at 12:40 a.m.
They evacuated people from several homes, two motels, and a commercial building as a precaution.
Approximately 75 people were displaced while Southern California Gas Company workers were called in to fix a small gas leak.
No injuries were reported.
Stay with KESQ News Channel 3 for updates.