Governor Gavin Newsom says the state's health order is being modified to allow individual counties to approve the reopening of shopping malls,
strip malls and outlet malls for curbside pickup service only.
The order also allows the reopening of some offices if teleworking is not feasible.
Guidelines for reopening malls include:
- Establishing a worksite-specific COVID-19 prevention plan for the shopping center facility
- Train employees to self-screen at home and the proper use of face coverings
- Provide temperature and/or symptom screenings for all workers at the beginning of their shift and any vendors, contractors, or other workers entering the establishment
- Perform thorough cleaning in high traffic areas
- Frequently disinfect commonly used surfaces
- Implement measures to ensure physical distancing of at least six feet between and among workers and customers in all shopping center locations