Nate Williams has earned the PGA Desert Chapter title for a second time, shooting 3-under par over two days at Andalusia Country Club in La Quinta.
Formerly at The Plantation Golf Club in Indio, Williams is now at Hideaway Golf Club in La Quinta. After two days of play, Williams won by one shot over Simon Allan of The Plantation.
Host course Andalusia was honored and proud to welcome local PGA members for its annual chapter championship.
"We get asked every couple of years to host the event and we are always willing to do so," said Andalusia General Manager John Cummings. "This is a great way to give back and these guys work so hard all year long. To see them out here competing is fun."
No bad mornings or days at Andalusia Country Club ⛳️☀️— Bailey Arredondo (@BaileyKESQ) September 6, 2023
Simple, but a special place. Plus - the host of the Southern California PGA-Desert Chapter Championship! All-local showdown. Full coverage tonight ➡️ @KESQ @BlakeArthur24 pic.twitter.com/m68H3yRSFc
According to the PGA Southern California website, the PGA of America is the world’s largest working sports organization, comprised of 28,000 men and women golf professionals who are the recognized experts in growing, teaching and managing the game of golf, while serving millions of people throughout its 41 PGA Sections nationwide.
Since its founding in 1916, The PGA of America has enhanced its leadership position by growing the game of golf through its premier spectator events, world-class education and training programs, significant philanthropic outreach initiatives, and award-winning golf promotions.
- Southern California Section of the PGA of America established in 1924
- 1,700+ Golf Professionals
- 500+ Southern California golf facilities
- A geographic area stretching from Cambria to the Mexican border and The Pacific Ocean to the Nevada & Arizona borders
- Comprised of 5 Chapters: Desert, Inland Empire, Metropolitan, Northern, San Diego
- Provides competitive playing opportunities, Education seminars and Player development initiatives
- SCPGA Foundation’s ClubsForeYouth® program has donated 500+ sets of golf clubs to underprivileged youth