The City of Indio is laying out a schedule plan for the upcoming Power Trip Festival being held at the Empire Polo Grounds. The festival is being held next month from October 6, 7, and 8.
The city has begun road closures of Avenue 50 between Monroe and Madison Avenue from Tuesday, September 26 through Friday, October 13.
Alternate routes include Highway 111, Dr. Carreon Boulevard, Avenue 48, and Avenue 52.
The city is anticipating approximately 18,000 guests to be shuttled in and out of the concert venue from various locations throughout the Coachella Valley to ease traffic conditions. Residents should note that noise from the festival grounds may begin on the Monday before the festival dates because of sound checks.
Additional delays following the 3-day festival event are the streets surrounding the festival site and Interstate 10 will be busy with more than 8,000 campers leaving the area.
The following streets will be primary access routes for the festival on the following days: October 5-8, but significant traffic is expected:
- Jefferson Street, southbound, from Interstate 10 to Avenue 52
- Washington Street, southbound, from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Monroe Street, southbound, from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Avenue 48 between Jefferson and Jackson streets
- Highway 111 at Jefferson Street
- Highway 111 at Monroe Street
- I-10 exit eastbound at Jefferson Street
- I-10 exit eastbound at Monroe Street
- I-10 exit eastbound at Washington Street
On Friday of the festival through Monday, the following roads will be closed:
- Avenue 49 between Hjorth Street and Monroe Street
- Avenue 50 between Madison Street and Jackson Street
- Hjorth Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 50
- Madison Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 52
Consider the following alternate routes:
- North and south travel, use Washington Street, Jackson Street, Calhoun Street, and Golf Center Parkway
- East and west travel, use Highway 111, Fred Waring Drive, Miles Avenue, Dr. Carreon Boulevard, and Avenue 54
- Avenue 49 and Monroe Street on the southwest corner
Friends & Family/Taxi Drop Off & Pick Up:
- Avenue 52 and Madison Street on the northeast corner
NO pedestrian or pedestrian festival access:
- Monroe Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 52
- Madison Street between Avenue 50 and Avenue 52
Approved pedestrian access:
- Corner of Avenue 49 and Monroe Street
- Corner of Avenue 52 and Madison Street
- Corner of Avenue 52 and Monroe Street
- Corner of Avenue 50 and Madison Street
The city notes that golf carts are prohibited on any of the above-listed streets. For more information regarding concert logistics, questions, or issues, please call 760-391-4112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.