Indio will hold its annual tree-lighting event next week, officials announced today.
The in-person tree-lighting event will be held on Thursday, Dec. 2 at 5 p.m. between City Hall and the Indio Public Library, at 100 Civic Center Mall.
Festivities include the lighting of Indio's 14-year-old "Holiday Tree" and performances from the Shadow Hills High School carolers, the Academy of Musical Performance, Desert Theatre Works' production of the Winter Wonderettes and the Palm Springs Gay Men's Chorus.
The public is encouraged to bring cameras as Santa will be present to take photos with children.
Other valley city's tree lighting ceremonies:
- COACHELLA - DEC 1 at 5:30 PM - Wednesday, December 1 at 5:30PM. Coachella's Holiday Parade will be on Friday, December 10 at 6:00 PM
- CATHEDRAL CITY - Dec. 8 from 5 to 8 PM at the Civic Center
- DESERT HOT SPRINGS - No tree lighting but Parade of Lights and Holiday Festival is on Dec. 11
- RANCHO MIRAGE - Dec 3 from 6 to 10 PM at the River
- PALM DESERT - Dec. 3 from 3 PM to 7 PM on El Paseo
- PALM SPRINGS- Dec 3 at 5:15 PM at Frances Stevens Park. The Festival of Lights will be held on Dec. 4 starting at 5:45 PM