Skip to Content
News

Worker Dies After Being Shocked At Palm Desert Pool

A contract worker who was shocked at a pool in Palm Desert, this morning, died at a local hospital where he was rushed to for treatment, according to Cal Fire.

The incident happened at 10:55 a.m. inside the Lakes Country Club on Country Club Drive, according to Riverside County Fire Department spokeswoman Cheri Patterson. She said he was working at Pool 33 at the time, which is on Green Mountain Drive.

Paramedics took the unresponsive worker away in an ambulance and were performing CPR on him as they left the scene. He died at Eisenhower Medical Center.

The investigation revealed a pool serviceman was working at the pool at which time an outdoor electrical extension cord was damaged causing the copper wires to be exposed. The wires came in contact with the pool metal handrail while he was standing on the steps of the pool and was subsequently electrocuted.

The 27-year-old’s identity will stay private until his family is notified.

KESQ News Team

Comments

Leave a Reply