Skip to Content
News

Coroner Identifies Pool Worker Electrocuted In Country Club

A man who was electrocuted while working in a swimming pool at a Palm Desert Country Club was identified today as a 27-year- old Indio resident.

Luis Miguel Jilote-Lopez was fatally injured shortly before 11 a.m. Thursday at the Lakes Country Club at 75875 Country Club Drive, according to the Riverside County coroner’s office.

Jilote-Lopez was standing on the steps of the pool when an extension cord came in contact with a metal handrail, electrocuting him, said Deputy Herlinda Valenzuela of the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department.

Security guards from the country club performed CPR on the man until arriving deputies took over, she said.

He was taken to Eisenhower Medical Center, where he died at 11:44 a.m., according to the coroner’s office.

The California Division of Occupational Safety and Health was investigating the death, Valenzuela said.

KESQ News Team

Comments

Leave a Reply