The Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians announced that the Spotlight 29 and Tortoise Rock casinos will reopen on Friday, May 22 at 10 a.m.
Spotlight 29 is located in Coachella while Tortoise Rock is in Twentynine Palms.
Morongo Spa Resort Casino and Casino Morongo will also reopen on Friday. The valley's other casinos have made no announcements at this time.
According to the Twenty-Nine Palm Band of Mission Indians, a state-of-the-art UV/Ionization air purification equipment has been purchased for both of their casinos. The tribe says that this technology is widely used in healthcare facilities.
The tribe also announced many protective measures put in place so staff and patrons can stay safe.
What are we doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
We’ve implemented the following enhanced safety measures in compliance with the CDC recommendations:
- Employees of the Casinos will receive COVID-19 testing before returning to work and will receive periodic testing going forward for the foreseeable future
- Wellness checkpoint prior to entrance to screen temperature for all persons entering the property
- Face masks are mandatory for team members and patrons
- Guest and team Members advised to practice social distancing
- Queue lines will have markers on the floor in six (6) foot measurements
- Hand sanitation stations located throughout the casino
- All area contact surfaces on the casino floor will be cleaned/serviced at a minimum of once per hour
- 50% of the slot chairs have been removed to encourage distancing between players
- The JEM Cafe has been modified to accommodate proper distancing between parties
- Purchase of a brand-new state-of-the-art UV air purification and ionization system
- The Casino will close daily from 3:00am - 7:00am so that a deep clean can be performed in all areas
I have unused Free Play that expired during the closure, can it be extended?
Your past Free Play offers will not carry over. Your weekly offers will continue and have been re-issued as normal based on your play leading up to our closure.
How will you maintain social distancing on the casino floor?
Slot machines will be re-arranged ensuring CDC guidelines are met such as having chairs removed to allow for physical separation between guests and having it sanitized regularly. Table games will have chairs removed and every other table will be open and making sure dealers are sanitizing equipment and stations for each player. Casino Supervisors and managers will monitor that everyone follows protocol and keep the safety of our guests a top priority.
I have a slot ticket that expired during the closure, can I still redeem?
Yes! if you have a slot ticket that expired during the closure, we will still honor it for the next 30 days after reopening. Please stop by the cage for more information and to redeem your ticket.
Will all your restaurants reopen? We miss your buffet!
We will continue to follow CDC guidelines and closely monitor our protocols, to further reduce high traffic areas we will slowly open our dining establishments to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. To be in compliance with these guidelines, the Capitata Buffet will be closed until further notice. The Jem Café will be open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with proper cleaning and social distancing protocol.
How will you be handling large groups in the Hot Spot/Events?
We will reduce the number of people allowed and space these individuals out to practice social distancing. Reducing our occupancy and limiting major congregations will allow us to be in control of our guests’ safety.
Are you still going to have live Banda every Saturday inside En Vivo?
In our effort to reduce high traffic areas and follow social distancing protocol, En Vivo will be closed until further notice.
Where can I find information on re-scheduled/canceled events?
For updated information please visit our website and our social channels for the latest up to date information.
How can I be refunded for tickets to scheduled events?
A full refund will be offered with the cancellation of these shows. If you have paid by credit card, the refund will be automatically processed so please check your statement (timing of the refund varies based on your card/bank). If you have paid with cash, cash refunds will be offered on-property at the Spotlight 29 Box Office Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
If you should have any questions or concerns, please contact the Showroom box office at (760) 775-2510 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.