If you're heading home after celebrating the holiday, you'll encounter a much smoother ride than travelers did on Christmas Eve.
Roads that had been closed due to flooding on Christmas Eve are now open and conditions are improved.
Address/Location: N Gene Autry from Interstate 10 to E Via Escuela— Palm Springs PD (@PalmSpringsPD) December 25, 2021
UPDATED -Today's Date: 12-25-2021
Current Time: 07:51:49
UPDATED -Preliminary Incident Info: N GENE AUTRY IS NOW OPEN https://t.co/r0donPjAGr
PREVIOUS COVERAGE during Christmas Eve storm:
As you head out the door today, make sure you give yourself enough time if any of these road closures are on your daily route.
Current Road Closures:
- Indian Canyon from Tramview to Palm Springs Station Road.
- Gene Autry from Interstate 10 to east Via Escuela.
- Araby Dr through the wash area
- Vista Chino from Gene Autry to Cathedral City Limits.
- Elm Street from Bonita Ave to Adele Ave in Cabazon.
- Seminole Drive east of Morongo Casino to Main Street.
If you must drive in the rain today make sure you are taking every precaution necessary to do so safely.
- Drive at a slower speed.
- Avoid using cruise control.
- Keep both hands on the wheel to maintain full control of your vehicle.
- Drive on the center lanes. Water collects on the edges of a road more.
- Avoid potholes or large puddles. You don't know how deep they go and you can get stuck.
- Keep a safe distance between your car and the one in front of you.