- U.S. Representative from California's 36th Congressional District
- Relevant Experience:
- Member, Energy and Commerce
- Expedition Physician, TCS Expeditions, 2007-present
- Former Emergency Room Physician, Eisenhower Medical Center
- Personal Information:
- Born: August 25, 1972 - Zacatecas, Mexico
- Age: 48
- Wife: Monica
- 2 children: Sky, Sage
- Home City: Palm Desert
- Social Media:
Ruiz was an emergency room doctor at Eisenhower Health in Rancho Mirage until he was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2012, defeating 15-year incumbent Mary Bono.
Ruiz finished first in the March 3, 2020 primary election. He will face off against Republican Erin Cruz in the Nov. 3, 2020 general election.
California’s 36th District, includes the entire Coachella Valley, as well as Banning, Beaumont, Blythe, Hemet, and San Jacinto.