Mirim Lee won her first major championship title on Sunday at the 2020 ANA Inspiration. After an eagle on 18 to force a three-way playoff, Lee defeated Brooke Henderson and Nelly Korda, the co-leaders into the final round.
"I don't consider majors any different from regular tournaments and moving forward, whenever I go to a major, I believe I'll treat it the same. All the tournaments, major or otherwise, are the same to me, so I think that also took a little bit of the pressure off because I didn't treat it any different," Lee said.
The tournament, originally scheduled for early April at Mission Hills Country Club in Rancho Mirage, was rescheduled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
ABOUT THE CHAMPION:
Hometown/Resides: Gwangju, Republic of Korea/Grapevine, Texas
Birthdate: Oct. 25, 1990; currently 29 years, 10 months and 19 days
LPGA Tour Status: Finished second at the 2013 LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to first earn LPGA Tour status
Turned Professional/Rookie Year: 2009/2014
LPGA: Fourth career victory and first major
PREVIOUS LPGA TOUR WINS: 2017 Kia Classic, 2014 Reignwood LPGA Classic, 2014 Meijer LPGA Classic
KLPGA: Three career victories
With her win, Lee earns $465,000; she has earned $465,000 for the season and $4,667,546 for her career
PREVIOUS ANA INSPIRATION RESULTS
2019 – MC; 2018 – T30; 2017 – T14; 2016 – MC; 2015 – T11; 2014 – T26
2020 LPGA TOUR PERFORMANCE
Three events played, one cut made, $465,000, one victory
- This is Lee’s first major title
- She has three victories on the KLPGA Tour, coming at the 2013 KG-Edaily Ladies Open, 2012 Korean Women’s Open and 2011 S-OIL Champions
- Enjoys watching baseball
- Has a Maltese named Chung Nam
- Turned professional in 2009 and played on the KLPGA’s developmental tour
- Twice recorded career-low rounds of 62, most recently during the first round of the 2016 AIG Women’s Open