Flooding from the storm led to multiple road closures throughout the Coachella Valley. By Tuesday, several roads including Interstate 10 were reopened.
This is a list of official closure announcements, however, officials said at any given moment, a certain road may be open or closed depending on the clean-up efforts in the area.
- Westbound I-10 was opened at Bob Hope at around 12:05 p.m. on Monday
- Eastbound Interstate 10 is open
All onramps and exits along the I-10 in the Coachella Valley are open, including the eastbound Bob Hope exit, which collapsed due to the storm.
While exits on Indian Canyon are open, the way into Palm Springs remains closed.
Highway 62 is open in both directions
Palm Springs (Click Here for Alerts from the City)
• Indian Canyon Drive btw Sunrise Pkwy and Train Station Road
• Gene Autry Trail between Via Escuela and RR bridge is now OPEN.
The Northbound lane is coned off in part of the wash due to water. Please drive with caution.
• Vista Chino btw Clubhouse View Drive and Cathedral City Limits is now OPEN.
Both Eastbound lanes are open. Only the No. 1 Lane (inside lane) Westbound is OPEN due to water on the road edge and over Lane No. 2 (curb lane). Please drive with caution.
• Dinah Shore bridge btw Lawrence Crossley and Cathedral Canyon Dr is now OPEN.
• Araby Drive at the Palm Canyon Wash is now OPEN.
• SR 111 btw Windy Point and Palm Springs City Limits is now OPEN.
• El Cielo Road btw Ramon Road and Sonora Road is now OPEN.
• Farrell Drive btw Mesquite Avenue and Ramon Road is now OPEN.
• Lawrence Crossley Road (Golf Club) btw E Palm Canyon Drive and 34th Avenue is now OPEN.
"Crews are assessing the road damage and mud residual on arterials which will take time. PSPD will reopen roads as they are safe to do so."- PALM SPRINGS PD
Most roads are open in Indio, the main road closed in the city is:
- Avenue 44 at the Wash
Cathedral City (Click here for updates from police)
- For Date Palm Drive between Vista Chino and 30th Avenue, two lanes is now open
- Vista Chino between Date Palm and Avenida Maravilla is open
Palm Desert (Click here for updates from the city)
Updated Road Closures in Palm Desert as of Thursday, August 24 at 1:00 p.m.:
* Gerald Ford - Frank Sinatra to Cook
* Gerald Ford - turn pocket onto southbound Cook (will open at 5pm on August 24)
* Tamarisk Row - Gerald Ford to Country Club, one lane open in each direction
* Fred Waring Drive - Cook to Eldorado, one lane westbound, two lanes eastbound
Updates will be posted when available on the City's social media and on our website: www.palmdesert.gov/hurricane
La Quinta (Click here for updates from the city)
Desert Hot Springs (Click here for updates from the city)
- The bridge at Pierson Blvd. from Indian Canyon to Desert Terrace was reopened on Wednesday, however, there is a 25 mph speed limit that is strictly enforced when driving over the bridge, the city confirmed
- Indian Canyon Drive from Mission Lakes Blvd. to Highway 62 is OPEN in both directions.
Coachella (Click here for updates from the city)
- Avenue 50 at the Wash will remain closed until further notice.
- Please continue planning alternate routes as we continue managing water buildup in that area
Indian Wells (Click here for updates from the city)
- Fred Waring Drive is closed in both directions at the wash west of Eldorado
- Fred Waring Drive is scheduled for a full road closure between Cook St. and Eldorado Dr. on Saturday and Sunday, Aug 26 & 27 between 8 PM and 5 AM.
- The closure will expedite the completion of the emergency wash clean-up.
#indianwells Fred Waring Drive is scheduled for a full road closure between Cook St. and Eldorado Dr. on Saturday and Sunday, Aug 26 & 27 between 8 PM and 5 AM. The closure will expedite the completion of the emergency wash clean-up. Public is advised to use alternate routes. pic.twitter.com/lL8GqADtqo— Riverside County Sheriff (@RSO) August 25, 2023
- Ramon Road is closed from Los Alamitos to Bob Hope
- Box Canyon Road from Interstate 10 to the All-American Canal
- 66th Ave from Van Buren St to Jackson St
- County Club Dr from the Indio City limits to Adams St
- Washington St from Easthaven Rd to 41st Ave
- Yucca Lane from Country Club Dr to 41st Ave
Stay with News Channel 3 for continuing updates on road closures.