Disney announced the three companies that will build the homes for its Rancho Mirage community, Cotino.
Shea Homes, Davidson Communities, and Woodbridge Pacific Group will help Disney fulfill its first phase of the development, which includes more than 300 homes and a collection of neighborhood parks.
Check out some of the renderings of the Cotino community homes below:
The company says that approximately one-third of those homes will be in Longtable Park, an area specifically designated for 55+ homebuyers, with the rest open to residents of all ages.
The company confirmed that pre-sales appointments are anticipated to begin later this year prior to the launch of home sales in early 2024.
“We’re excited to work with talented homebuilders to help us bring Cotino, the first Storyliving by Disney community to life,” said Claire Bilby, senior vice president and general manager of Disney Signature Experiences Emerging Businesses. “Together with the developer, we’re creating a vibrant new neighborhood infused with the magic of Disney storytelling and I can’t wait for the community’s future residents to flourish in this very special place.”
Disney announced that homebuyers will have three different single-family home collections to choose from:
- Cottage Collection homes will be built on sites approximately 50 feet wide;
- Grand Collection homes will be built on sites approximately 60 or 70 feet wide
- Estate Collection homes will be built on sites approximately 90 feet wide and larger.
"Using the boundless beauty of California’s Coachella Valley for inspiration, Cotino community developer DMB Development worked alongside award-winning architects with insight from Walt Disney Imagineering to create the design collections."- Disney
Meet the Builders:
- National homebuilder Shea Homes has been consistently recognized for enduring quality and exceptional customer service. From contributions to iconic construction projects like the Hoover Dam and the Golden Gate Bridge, the Shea family legacy is rooted in the rich history of the American landscape. Driven by a passion for helping homebuyers build their forever home, Shea Homes has a deep understanding of the needs and preferences of today’s buyer. Working in collaboration with top California-based architects, Shea Homes is building all-new floorplans available only in the Cotino
- Headquartered in Del Mar, California, Davidson Communities is a private boutique homebuilder that has been building homes since 1978. From the start of the planning process until the last element is in place, Davidson is dedicated to building an exceptional product with uncompromising quality.
- California-based Woodbridge Pacific Group brings three decades of integrity, expertise and dedicated customer service to the Cotino community. Woodbridge Pacific Group is continually recognized for its excellence in architecture, interior design, community development and more.
Disney announced that additional home sites and builders will be introduced in phases through a thoughtful development approach as the community expands. Future phases plan to include additional single-family home sites and condominiums.
Pre-sales appointment details and timing will be shared later this fall.
For more on Cotino, visit: www.storylivingbydisney.com/cotino.
What is Cotino?
Cotino is the first planned community from Storyliving by Disney.
Cotino is described by developers as "a dynamic, creative oasis set within the stunning landscape of Palm Springs." The development plans to bring "Disney magic" to a new neighborhood in Rancho Mirage.
Alongside private homes, there will be a hotel, entertainment, shopping, and dining. It's all planned to surround a 24-acre lagoon. There will even be a neighborhood specially designed for adults 55 and older.
In the past, the reaction from local residents has been split. Some have voiced concerns about traffic, water usage, and the affect on affordable housing. Others have shared excitement for the development.
In March 2023, Cotino shared the first renderings of the "Parr House," a distinct location inspired by the midcentury home of the famous family of superheroes in Disney and Pixar’s "Incredibles 2."
Separate from the private clubhouse, there will be a beach park, accessible to the public with the purchase of a day pass.
For more information about Cotino, a Storyliving by Disney Community, visit storylivingbydisney.com/cotino.