Skip to Content

Riverside Sheriff’s detectives investigating deaths of two people in Hemet motel


Sheriff's detectives were investigating the deaths of two people found today inside a Hemet motel room who may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning, according to authorities.

The bodies of a man and woman were discovered inside a room at the Coach Light Motel in the 1600 block of West Florida Ave. about 1:15 p.m., the Riverside Sheriff's department reported.

First responders at the scene told Fox11 there were very high levels of carbon monoxide inside the room. They also said the room's heater was still running and may have been tampered with by the deceased.

Nearby rooms were evacuated for safety and a Southern California Gas representative responded to the scene. Detectives told the station the deaths do not appear to be criminal and the investigation was ongoing.

The exact cause of death will be determined by the coroner's office.

The names of the deceased were withheld pending notification of next of kin.

Article Topic Follows: Top Stories

Jump to comments ↓

City News Service


News Channel 3 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content